A denture is a removable appliance to replace missing teeth and tissue. There are two types of dentures, complete and partial.
Complete Dentures are a set of teeth that are made to replace all the teeth of the top or bottom jaw (sometimes both). Full Dentures are commonly referred to as false teeth and are generally made from acrylic plastic.
Partial Denture is a removable appliance, usually used to replace a few missing teeth in either upper or lower jaws. It can be made from acrylic plastic or metal framework. You can discuss about the type of denture that suits you best with our dentist.
When you are seeking information about dentures some important facts that you should know are:
• Dentures do not last forever.
• Though your denture fit perfectly, you should get it checked regularly from your dentist
• Dentures may take a little bit of getting used to, but you can eat normally and speak clearly with them.
• Never try to make your own denture repair
• Denture material is hard and durable but not permanent. You have to replace it after certain time period.
• Dentures may break if dropped.
• Because of meticulous care a natural appearance of denture teeth may change with diet, chewing and age.
• Dentures should not be painful or uncomfortable, if they are you should visit your dentist for an adjustment so they fit correctly.